[Savannah-hackers] unable to subscribe with gmail.com-address

From: Sylvain Beucler
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 21:10:11 +0100

Hi,

Apparently there is a problem common with Savannah and SF:

RCPT TO: address@hidden
550 relay not permitted

Can you investigate?

--
Sylvain

----- Forwarded message from anonymous <address@hidden> -----

From: anonymous <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:53:21 -0500
        gmail.com-address

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103634] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: 0
On: Thu 12/02/2004 at 14:47

Category:  Mail server

Original Submission:  I am not able to subscribe to mailing lists on savannah
using a gmail.com-address. I enter my address "address@hidden" together with
the password information.

The subscription is then rejected with the following reason: "Your subscription
is not allowed because the email address you gave is insecure."

I am now subscribed to qemu-devel thanks to Rusty Russell (project admin or
something) - he subscribed me using "mass" subscription.

FYI, the same thing happens with sourceforge.

If you need an invitation to gmail to solve this let me know.

Thanks,