Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of lookat - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of lookat - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 23:32:20 +0100

> Staf Wagemakers <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: lookat
> System name: lookat
> Type: non-GNU

>                  Two versions are included "lookat" (English) and
>                  "bekijk" (dutch).
> Author:                Staf Wagemakers address@hidden
> Maintainer:    Staf Wagemakers address@hidden
> Primary-site:    http://www.wagemakers.be/english/programs/lookat/
> Platforms:     GNU/Linux, *BSD
> Copying-policy:  GPL
>
> Other Software Required:
> ncurses

Your source files carry appropriate copyright and license notices, but we would
like to you to fix some of them:

First, the copyright notice format is something standard, and you can find a
description here:
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html

The main point is that you should not abbreviate the list of year
(2001-04 instead of 2001, 2003, 2004, for example).

Another point is that the manual page lack such notices. This page
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Man-Pages
describe the usual way to apply them to man pages.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

Sylvain