[Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #216845] Rejected mails

From: Sylvain Beucler via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #216845] Rejected mails
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:25:55 -0500

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 10:34:53AM -0500, James Blair via RT wrote:
> > address@hidden - Wed Dec 08 19:59:36 2004]:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Do you know why mails sent from users such as:
> > amrsync
> > coreutilsrsync
> > gccrsync
> > gatekpr
> >
> > are rejected by mx10?
>
> monty-python does sender verification for all emails it receives.  Those
> addresses (address@hidden) aren't deliverable, so monty-python
> won't accept mail from them.  It cuts down on spam, plus makes sure we
> can send bounce messages for any mail we accept.  The solution would be
> to change the SMTP envelope sender address (not necessarily the From:
> address) to something that is deliverable.  For instance, gatekpr on
> ftp-upload.gnu.org sends mail from <address@hidden>.
>
> The error message mentioned fencepost because fencepost is the machine
> of last resort for resolving gnu.org email addresses, so once it fails,
> m-p knows the address is not deliverable.

Ok, I didn't realised at first glance that savannah didn't had MX
records nor is its port 25 reachable from the outside.

The situation is a bit different here; all the users I mention do not
send mail directly, but cron send their output to savannah-reports.

I don't think there is a way to change the sender address of cron.

Do you know of such a way, or can we work at getting these
@savannah.gnu.org mails deliverable?

--
Sylvain