Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of PESPSolver - savannah.gnu.org

From: Sebastien Lechelle
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of PESPSolver - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:19:04 +0000

Salut Sylvain,

To my knowledge, PESPSolver should run on that Free Software Java suite as it uses only basic instructions, nothing fancy or proprietary. I will send you the source of PESPSolver tonight at address@hidden I have included a statement in each file of the source.

Cheers
Sebastien

At 10:51 2004-12-12, Sylvain Beucler wrote:

> Sebastien Alain Lechelle <address@hidden> described the
> package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: PESPSolver
> System name: pespsolver
> Type: GNU

> PESPSolver is a command line tool for solving Periodic Event Scheduling
> Problems (PESP).
>
> Given a set of periodic events and periodic constraints linking those
> events, PESPSolver does either one of the following:
>
> - Demonstrate that the PESP instance is infeasible, or
> - Generate a working periodic timetable for the set of events.
>
> PESPSolver is being developed in SUN Java 1.4 programming language by
> Sebastien Alain Lechelle.
>
> PESPSolver can be used for solving Periodic Event Scheduling Problems,
> i.e. for finding time-tables (or schedules) for sets of events that are
> T-periodic. Such sets of events can be found in railway systems,
> production chains, etc.
>
> Homepage: http://www.chez.com/lechelle/pesp/
>
> Other Software Required:
> JAMA, Java Matrix Library, available at
> http://math.nist.gov/javanumerics/jama/

You must determine whether your project can run on a Free Software
Java suite (see http://www.gnu.org/software/java/ for more
information).

We recommend you to test your project using GCJ and GNU Classpath, and
ensure that your Java code runs on this Free Software Java suite.

GCJ is the GNU Compiler for Java, part of the GCC (GNU Compiler
Collection).  The Classpath project aims to develop a free and
portable implementation of the Java API (the classes in the 'java'
package).

More information is available at http://gcc.gnu.org/ and
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/,

Please provide us with more information about this point.

Also please include a (perhaps temporary) URL pointing to the source
code.  The description you gave when registering will not be read by
the general public.  If you are still concerned with privacy, however,
you can forward the code to me by email (address@hidden).

We wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to
catch potential legal issues early.

For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must
include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at the
beginning of every file of source code.  This is explained in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help
catch potential omissions such as these.

--
Sylvain