Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of PESPSolver - savannah.gnu.org

From: Sebastien Lechelle
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of PESPSolver - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:00:43 +0000

Hi Sylvain,

Note that Savannah supports projects of the Free Software movement, not
projects of the Open Source movement.

Here is another article :)
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html.

As for GCJ, I suggest you try the packages from Fedora and Debian.

Again, many thanks for this article underlining the differences between the free-software and open-source movements.

If publishing the source code is really an issue, can you explain me
why (I saw that it is not directly available from your website). Do
you plan to eventually upload the code to Savannah's CVS repository in
2005?

I don't anticipate a lot of people will be interested in PESPSolver (only a few experts, most of them working in the railway industry). However I would like to know who wants to use it and on which projects they want to use it. This way I will gradually "validate" the tool on the basis it has been used successfully(?) by other engineers. Hence the source available by e-mail only... Still I may change my mind in the future and have the source on-line.

Regards
Sebastien

--
Sylvain