Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of texi2latex -- convert Texinfo to La

From: Torsten Bronger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of texi2latex -- convert Texinfo to LaTeX - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:25:56 +0100

Hallöchen!

Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]
>
> We want that source code uploaded at Savannah already carries
> appropriate notices, and we also want our users to know how to do
> so. So, I suggest you add a copyright and GNU GPL notice to the
> XSLT document.

Actually I don't want to have that old source code in the
repository.  Not yet at least.  I created an empty but complete XSLT
at <http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/torsten.bronger/texi2latex.xsl>.
It doesn't contain something productive but I think the copyright
header is according to the rules.  Consider this file the starting
point of my project.

> [...]
>
>> Yes indeed.  I plan to let the user choose.  For example, there
>> may be a variable in the main shell script.  My XSLT files won't
>> use any XSLT extensions, so you can use Saxon, xt, Xalan etc.
>> *I* will use Saxon privately.
>
> Ok. [...] As far as I understand, you will use it as an external
> (different process) tool to process your XSLT document, right?

Exactly.  BTW, if the project grows and real dependencies come into
existence, should I contact savannah-hackers always, or only if I
think it may be an issue due to GNU-incompatible licences?

Tschö,
Torsten.