[Savannah-hackers] NhProxy and copyright of window.doc

From: J. Ali Harlow
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] NhProxy and copyright of window.doc
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:14:40 +0000

Dear NetHack devteam,

It's that time of year again when I hassle you about NetHack Proxy :-)

First, just a heads up that I'm unbundling the code to implement the NhExt protocol from Slash'EM into a new package called nhproxy which can be used both by NetHack & Slash'EM and by external window interfaces like GtkHack.

As part of this process, I am tidying up the copyright and licensing of the code with the help of the savannah hackers (I hope to host nhproxy on savannah in due course). One of the few remaining issues is the copyright of window.doc (which I used as a basis for the NhExt protocol specification). I have been back through the history of NetHack and I believe that I've got the copyright years correct but I'm only guessing that Mike should be the copyright holder. If I'm wrong, I would be grateful if you could let me know so that I can correct it.

This is what I am currently planning to include in ext_protocol.html:

Copyright (C) 1993, 1996, 1999  Mike Stephenson

Oh, and if you should happen to have time to discuss adding the proxy window interface to NetHack this year, do let me know!

Many thanks,

Ali.