[Savannah-hackers] submission of The Massassi Temple - savannah.nongnu.o

From: blozier
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of The Massassi Temple - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 02:14:05 -0500

Brian E. Lozier <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: The Massassi Temple
System name: massassi
Type: non-GNU

I am in the process of rewriting the administrative interface and all
user-facing code of my gaming site: http://www.massassi.net/

The new code exists solely on my hard drive in a local CVS repository.
Quite a few of my members have asked me if they could help with the
development of the new site.  I have decided to release it open-source and
I need a public CVS server so we can all work on the code at the same
time.

The system is written in PHP and uses the following other technologies:

Simple javascript modules written by me.
MySQL server as a back-end, and thus the clients compiled into PHP.
GD Boutell graphics library for JPEG and PNG manipulation.
HTML::QuickForm PHP module (released under the PHP license on PEAR).

The system basically provides an administrator with a way to:
Add News to the site.
Add files to the site.
Add content pages to the site.

The system allows regular users to:
View pages.
Download files.
Comment on and rate files.
Submit Files.

The system is mostly functional with just a few file/commenting things
left to do.

Other Software Required:
MySQL
PHP4
GD graphics library

Other Comments:
This system currently runs on my local Debian box.  I have the source code
in a local CVS repository so it would be great if I could just send that
your way.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/