[Savannah-hackers] submission of Lockbox secure backup system - savannah

From: neilg
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Lockbox secure backup system - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 00:00:19 -0500

Neil Gower <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Lockbox secure backup system
System name: lockbox
Type: non-GNU

The purpose of this project is to provide a secure, easy to configure,
off-site backup solution for users of Linux (and possibly other systems).

This software is intended to enable both home users and small
organizations to form reliable backup networks with each other.  It will
provide the ability to generate incremental backup batches, encrypt them,
and upload them to another site.  Verify and restore operations will
naturally also be required.

Very little original code should be required to do this.  We are hoping to
leverage existing tools such as rsynch, gnupg, and aespipe, and integrate
them with Python or a similar high-level language.

We do not currently have any code for this project.  We wish to use the
savannah-hosted project to start gathering our design ideas, and then
proceed into development.

Other Software Required:
We expect to use rsynch, python, gnupg, aespipe, and Linux filesystem
capabilities such as symlinks.

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/