[Savannah-hackers] submission of MENEHUNE-TE - savannah.gnu.org

From: rahulgundecha
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of MENEHUNE-TE - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 00:08:50 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
This mail was sent to address@hidden,
address@hidden

rahul c g <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: MENEHUNE-TE
System name: ospf-te
Type: GNU

In our project, MENEHUNE-TE, we are
extending the OSPF protocol with Traffic-Engineering metrics. Herein, we
try
to find an optimal path instead of shortest path as in native OSPF
which will reduce the undesirable problems of packet loss and imbalance in

the network.
There will be some additional parameters in the Dijkstra's algorithm
that we will use.
The routing decision for the packet will be considered according to
current load on links.
We will be using C language on Linux platform for implementation. We
are storing data with BerkeleyDB.
Some major features of the project are-
1.  Providing a query interface to the user.
2.  Dynamic routing decisions.
3.  Constrained based routing.
Maintaining database overflow and providing dynamic routing decisions
will be the major obstacles in our project. Our project is concerned
with TCP/IP protocol.
Our coding hasn't

Other Software Required:

Other Comments: