Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Limbo file sharing - savannah.gnu.o

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Limbo file sharing - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 23:01:38 -0300

Alvise <address@hidden> writes:

> On Dec 29, 2004, at 3:11 PM, Jonathan Gonzalez V. wrote:
>
>> address@hidden writes:
>>
>> Hi Alvise Susmel,
>>
>> I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah.
>>
>> The system name 'net' it's too common and ambiguous, may you will want
>> to change it for a new one. If you want to change it, please give us
>> the new system name.
>>
>> Please register your project again and include an (perhaps temporary)
>> URL pointing to the source code.  The description you gave when
>> registering will not be read by the general public.  If you are still
>> concerned with privacy, however, you can forward the code to me by
>> email
>> (<address to send to>).
>>
>> We wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to
>> catch potential legal issues early.
>>
>> For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must
>> include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at
>> the beginning of every file of source code.  This is explained in
>> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help
>> catch
>> potential omissions such as these.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>>> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>>> This mail was sent to address@hidden, address@hidden
>>>

>>> Alvise Susmel <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
>>> License: gpl
>>> Other License:
>>> Package: Limbo file sharing
>>> System name: net
>>> Type: GNU

>>> My project name is "Limbo". Is a file sharing/transfer protocol.
>>> A important option is that you can disable (server side) password
>>> answering
>>> and able "Limits". Limits is a security engine that works inside
>>> limbo.
>>> You can write limits scripts to set the server policies like
>>> aknowledgement
>>> trought ip , client max download speed , resume on/off , client upload
>>> directories .....
>>> Server side you have a file where you link the files that you want to
>>> share.
>>> I developed some mini tools and a mini Gtk gui that facilitate
>>> client and
>>> server side
>>> manegement.
>>>
>>> Other Software Required:
>>> Gtk and glib only for the gui. There is the command line client
>>>

>> --
>> "Emacs the only editor which has its own church"
>
> What's means System name ? The operative system that my programs is
> written for ? Or the program name ?
> Thanks .

The 'system name' it's the name of your program which will be used to
execute your program or just.

The restrictions for the system name are:

    * It cannot match the system name of any other project
    * It must be between 2 and 12 characters in length
    * It can only contain text characters, numbers, and dashes (no + signs)
    * It must be a valid GNU/Linux username
    * It cannot match one of our reserved domains
    * To avoid confusion, it cannot include "gnu" in it, unless your project is
already part of the GNU project

I didn't write you the email to send me your tarball, can you send
your tarball to my email address(address@hidden)?

Regards