[Savannah-help-public] Re: Problems logging in

From: Johan Adler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Problems logging in
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:37:14 +0100

Now it works fine, logging in at least. :-)

I have updated a file locally and try to commit it (Swedish language translation file '', and the response is:

cvs commit -m "Updated to version I am using, also pasted on to wiki.\nWorks with 1.526." (in directory D:\Mina dokument\hemsida\Oddmuse CVS\oddmuse\modules\translations\)
cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access to the repository

Being a member, for the sole purpose of updating files, I thought I would have write access. Am I doing something wrong?

Johan Adler

Johan Adler skrev:
Hello again,

I found that I can save my public key myself under settings. But it seems that my many attempts at logging in has expired my account. When I try to login I get:

Access denied
FATAL ERROR: Server sent disconnect message
"Too many authentication failures for jadler"

WinCVS generates the following command for login:

cvs -d :ssh;username=jadler; login

and apart from the error above it seems to work now. I have managed to login as anoncvs and checking out the entire tree, but I assume that I need to login to check in modules.

Can you help me, resetting my expired account?

Johan Adler