Re: [Savannah-help-public] help

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] help
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:46:10 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 12:37:07AM +0800, shudan75 wrote:
> Hello,
>

>    I am new to SSH, I am using Redhat9.0 and met some problems on CVS.
>

>    1. Under what conditions should I add a line of `Protocol 2' into
> ~/.ssh/config or a line of `Protocol 1,2' ?

At Savannah, either one will do.  I think that RH9's default is to use
SSH protocol v2, so you even use a blank config file.

>    2. The id_dsa.pub has some head and tail beside the body of public key,
> shall I copy the whole text into the field or only the body? There are
> several entries may be filled, does that mean I may generate several keys
> stored as id_dsax.pub alike and must not delete each of them?

Copy the content of one entire line into one text field (including
ssh-dsa and the optionanl user comment -looks like an e-mail- at the
end).  You can upload several public keys.

>    3. Third, when I try to cvs, it reports `the authenticity of host
> subversions.gnu.org cannot be established, RSA key fingerprint is
> 80:5a:b0:0c:ec:93:66:29:49:7e:04:2b:fd:ba:2c:d5', What am I wrong here. Why
> RSA here? Didnot we use dsa?

That's the host key. It is different from your own key.

>    Besides, I upload my project file and .sig file to
> savannah.gnu.org/incoming/savannah/chendct, why cannot I see them on download
> area(file list)?

Looks like the upload system rejected your files. Did you upload them
as binary?

If that still doesn't work, send us a small test file along with its
signature, so we can test what is wrong.

--
Sylvain