Re: [Savannah-help-public] w3 project

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] w3 project
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:45:55 +0100

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 12:25:39AM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     For future reference, the Savannah hackers are not members of the www
> group,
>     so it would be uncouth for us to make changes to www.gnu.org's webpages.
>
> If I ask you to do it, it isn't uncouth.  Would you please do it?
>
> (The reason I asked you, rather than the webmasters, is that I didn't
> know if the webmasters could make changes in those pages, whereas I am
> sure that you can.)

Actually, it is rather the opposite: we do not have access to
www.gnu.org, unless we add ourselves to the project, or manually alter
the group files in the system; while webmasters have configured access
to all www.gnu.org - that's part of the custom changes we had to
externalise from Savane.

--
Sylvain