Re: [Savannah-help-public] What gave Moheb Missaghi Emacs write access?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] What gave Moheb Missaghi Emacs write access?
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:03:31 +0200

> Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:41:18 +0100
> From: Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> There is a project history in Admin/Main/Show History in the Savane
> interface.

Thanks for the tip, this is a very useful feature.

> There, as far as I can see, the user asked for access, so it was added
> to the 'pending users' lists, and wasn't given any access. Then Eliz
> removed him (along with another pending user) from the pending list.

The problem is that it appeared in the Members List, not only in the
"Pending Users" list.  I removed it from the Members List _after_ I
denied the pending request.  Why did a pending user appear in the
Members List, along with all the other project members?

The history log is a bit confusing about what happens: a user who
requested membership and was approved has 2 entries: "User Requested
Membership" and "Approved User", while the entries for a user whose
request of membership was denied are "User Requested Membership" and
"Removed User".  To me, the last entry sounds like removal of a user
who was already a member, because it is the opposite of "Added User".
I'd expect something like "Membership Request Denied" for the case
that a request was denied without adding the user to the members list.
Can you clarify what happens here?