[Savannah-help-public] Re: [support #103845] dominion ftp area not appea

From: Mark Galassi
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: [support #103845] dominion ftp area not appearing
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:38:07 -0700

    Sylvain> Where did you upload the files? You have 2 download
    Sylvain> areas, Savannah's, and ftp.gnu.org's. None of them have
    Sylvain> your files though. Note that you do not have a GPG key
    Sylvain> registered at Savannah.

I followed this procedure:

https://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?group_id=5802&question=How_do_I_add_files_in_the_download_area.txt

and now I have also put the .sig file, which I had not put the first
time.  So now the tarball and .sig file are both there.  I used the
ncftpput command:

ncftpput savannah.gnu.org /incoming/savannah/dominion/ dominion-2.8.1.tar.gz*

which gave feedback that the tarball was already in that directory.

Also, I have just registered my GPG key on Savannah.  Maybe now all
will go well.

http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Automated-Upload-Procedure.html
    Sylvain> to see if you upload your files correctly to ftp.gnu.org.

I'm not sure what this page is about.  I'll look at it.  I'd like to
just do what the Savannah project page and its docs recommend, rather
than figuring out more procedures.  What do you think?  Should I?  I
am also confused by the fact that you differentiate between the
"Savannah system" and ftp.gnu.org.  Is there a document describing
that difference?

Sorry for all the questions!

And finally, a tip: right now a project that does not have some
auxiliary pages yields many 404 errors, which is not cool.  It would
be nice if there were some default page that says something like
"dude, the project maintainer has not yet put up a project home page;
he can go to <insert URL here> to find out about setting one up".