[Savannah-help-public] Re: [support #103845] dominion ftp area not appea

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: [support #103845] dominion ftp area not appearing
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 09:10:33 +0100

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 12:27:47AM -0700, Mark Galassi wrote:

>     Sylvain> Hi, First, I see that dominion in not registered as a GNU
>     Sylvain> project at fencepost. Could you contact address@hidden
>     Sylvain> to "regularize" your situation? :) This will ease future
>     Sylvain> requests.
>
> I just did it to cover all bases, although I also remember sending the
> relevant information when I asked savannah to host things.  I guess
> the information is kept in a few different places.

If you have a fencepost account, there an authoritative list in
/gd/gnuorg/maintainers. Sometimes, though, it happens it is not
perfectly up-to-date.

> OK, I get it now (it's confusing that the savannah "file download
> area" does not point to savannah -- it points to ftp.gnu.org).

Since you are a GNU project, the preferred download location is
ftp.gnu.org (among others, it is mirrored). We'll try to improve the
documentation for GNU project so that people understand the difference
between the 2 download locations. We didn't delete the Savannah
download area for GNU projects, since it can be convenient for
non-official releases.

> I have tried the savannah procedure and no luck yet --
> ftp://sv.gnu.org/download/dominion/ gives nothing.  I've just tried
> placing files in the incoming area again, and I go to the ftp URL you
> just gave me ftp://sv.gnu.org/download/dominion/ and find no
> directory.
>
> Bottom line: I have put several tarballs and .sig files in
> savannah.gnu.org's directory /incoming/savannah/dominion/ -- still no
> result.

Check http://savannah.gnu.org/download/dominion/

However, you should consider using ftp.gnu.org instead of Savannah for
official releases.

I am sorry this is confusing, but people in charge of Savannah and
ftp.gnu.org are different teams..

--
Sylvain