Re: [Savannah-help-public] request for freetype mailing lists

From: Sylvain Beucler
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:26:35 +0100

Hello,

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 04:26:22PM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> In the last few days I've written a raw perl script which scans an
> mbox file using ClamAV and SpamAssassin (the latter can automatically
> use Vipul's Razor).  It's ugly, but it works more or less.  Maybe you
> can use it too.  See below.
>
> The cleaned-up mailing list archives are here:
>
>   http://groff.ffii.org/mbox/
>
> Please do an import.  If you are done please drop me a mail so that I
> can remove the mbox files.

Imported, and archives regenerated.  Thanks for the script - I will
come in handy if we need to filter mboxes in the future. I'll try to
perform some tests next week when I'll get some more time.

> I tried hard to convert links (which refer to mails in the mailing
> list archive) to the new location, but I now think that this is
> impossible to do automatically: The html files which hold the emails
> in the archive get names which can't be deduced algorithmically: After
> mail `1.html' it is possible that the next one is `4.html', then
> `6.html', etc. :-(
>
> Consequently I ask you to put the following remark (or something
> similar) at the top of the `freetype-devel' mailing list archive:
[snip]

As list administrator, you can edit the bits of text that Mailman uses
to describe the list (I think it is in "Edit the public HTML pages").

> If you know a better solution please tell me.

Besides trying to make a messageID<->URL table for both the old and
the new archives, I don't see any :/

--
Sylvain