[Savannah-help-public] Thank you for your interest in VSO

From: Enquiry
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Thank you for your interest in VSO
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 10:54:41 +0100

Welcome to VSO!

We're delighted that you're interested in our work to build a fairer world.

VSO match volunteers with professional skills to jobs based overseas, mainly
in Africa and Asia. The jobs that we have available are for 1-2 year
periods. The only shorter programmes that we run are for 18-25 years olds
and for some employees of the following companies: Accenture, Shell,
McKinsey & Company, Boston Consulting Group, SAP and PriceWaterhouseCoopers.

Use this e-mail to find out if we have jobs to match your skills or to
answer any other question that you might have.

All of our most up to date information is available on our website
<www.vso.org.uk>.
Alternatively, you can instantly access information about VSO by email.
Simply select as much information as you like from the comprehensive list of
topics below. Then send us a blank email with the relevant number(s) in the
subject heading (not in the main text of the email). You will receive an
instant email response.

Index of topics that can be sent to you instantly by email:
Is your skill suitable? Skills we're currently asked to provide - 001
Business, Management & Finance - 002
Secondary School Teachers - 003
Education Management, Sports & Business Teachers - 004
Special Education - 005
Primary Teaching - 006
Information Technology and Managers - 007
Health & Disability - 008
Social and Community Work - 009
Technical Trades & Media - 010
Natural Resources - 011

VSO Application, Assessment, Training and Departure - 012
VSO Events Diary- 013
Financial support from VSO for volunteers - 014
Youth Programmes - 015
Volunteering with partners and dependents - 016
Paid work with VSO and in the development sector - 017
Working overseas with other organisations - 018
Volunteering in tsunami-affected regions - 019
Merger with beso - 020

Find out what opportunities there are for you to volunteer
By answering a few simple questions about yourself on our online enquiry
form, we can determine just what opportunities are available to you. We will
then send you a postal information pack tailored to your individual skills
and experience. You can use this link to access personalized information
about volunteering: <http://www.vso.org.uk/volunteering/>
(If you do not have internet access please see the section below on 'any
other enquiries').

Apply now for volunteer jobs!
There are several ways in which to make an application to VSO. You can apply
online by using the link below, download a form from our website, or you can
contact us to be sent an application pack. We operate a generic application
process: one application form for all our jobs at:
<http://www.vso.org.uk/volunteering/stepthree> If you have seen a job
advertised, you can also use this generic application form, mentioning which
job you are interested in.

If you do not have internet access please send an email to
address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden> detailing your
qualifications, experience and contact details. We will then send you a
postal application pack. Please remember to make 'application pack' the
title of your email. If you require large print or Braille format
information please specify this in your email.

Other ways to become involved with VSO
There are many other ways to become involved with VSO.For further
information please visit the VSO website, or e-mail the Enquiries Team at
address@hidden writing 'question' in the subject heading. You can also
receive a full list of our forthcoming events by sending us a blank email
with the number 013 (from the list given above) listed in the subject
heading.

Any other enquiries
If you have a question that is not answered here or on our website
www.vso.org.uk then please reply to this email with your question. Please do
not change the title of this email as it enables us to identify your
enquiry. We will respond within two working days.

VSO Enquiries Service, 317 Putney Bridge Rd, London, SW15 2PN, UK.
Tel:  020 8780 7500  (9-5, Mon -Fri)
Fax:  020 8780 7300
Email:  address@hidden
Web site:  www.vso.org.uk
Returned Volunteer Hotline:     0845 603 0027  (6-9 pm only, Mon -Fri)

VSO will store and process your data in accordance with the requirements of
its Data Protection Policy and in keeping with the UK Data Protection Act
1998.
Updated April 2005.

VSO is an international development charity that works through volunteers.
http://www.vso.org.uk
This e-mail and any file/s attached are intended for the addressee only.
If you are not the intended recipient please delete this e-mail.
The views expressed in this e-mail are the authors own and do not necessarily
reflect those of VSO.