[Savannah-help-public] savannah.org Russian localization problem

From: Dmitry M. Shatrov
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] savannah.org Russian localization problem
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:22:02 +0400

hello, savannah-help-public

I have an encoding problem with russian localization:
savannah.org doesn't display properly in any of my web browsers -
mozilla, mozilla firefox, konqueror..
The problem is that to view the page I have to manually set up the
incoding to be iso-8859-5, while html header says that he content is in
utf-8 (and it is displayed as utf-8 each time I hit 'refresh')

That simply means that for me (and for others russian users probably)
savannah.org is unusable - imagine I give somebody a link to my
projects, he types it in and what? it's abracadabra.

If you give me an email of a russian localization maintainer, I'd talk
to him. Or just fix the encoding, if it's not that hard.

I'm not on the list

Thank you and bests regards, Dmitry