[Savannah-help-public] Mail message headers containing UTF-8

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Mail message headers containing UTF-8
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 02:31:57 +0200

Hello,

We converted our Savane database to UTF-8. This caused some
UTF-8-encoded text to go to the passwd user field, which in turn was
used by log_accum in the CVS commit notification mail To:
header. Which was apparently rejected by lists.gnu.org.

I'm puzzled though, because I sent to mail from ~Beuc as Savannah,
after changing my name so it contained UTF-8-encoded text, one to
address@hidden, the other to address@hidden, and both arrived in my
mailbox. Maybe that's specific to lists.gnu.org.

Anyway, the original support request is at:
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=104538

Is there something to perform in Exim? Note that the commit
notification mail is sent via some custom SMTP forwarded from Paul
Fisher and Ward:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/administration/administration/infra/commit_prep-log_accum/socket-mail.c?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

--
Sylvain