Re: [Savannah-help-public] commit mailinglists vs savannah project membe

From: Sylvain Beucler
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 23:39:20 +0200

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 04:02:47PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi Sulvain,

> > > I have seen those. But I am not sure what to fill in there to get the
> > > above result. If I set the 'header_filter_rules' to some magic header
> > > name and the action to Accept does that mean all other mail is silently
> > > discarded?
> >
> > I think you can write such a rule, and then add another one that
> > Discards all other mails.
>
> Aha! If you enter a spam rule then you get an option to add more rules.
> Doh... That was not obvious at all for me from the interface.
>
> OK, so I added spam rule 1 that just accepts on:
> And Holds the message for now.
>
> This supposes that the commit script always has a Message-Id of that
> form and spam won't. If this works out then I will change the second
> rule to Reject.

I don't think this will work, because afaik all mail transit via
another machine called monty-python. We tried to setup such filtering
for Emacs' commit list but we had to disable it at a point :/

> > > Another question. There are a lot of emails hitting the lists written in
> > > non-English, often using using Asian charsets. Since all communication
> > > on the list is supposed to be in English it would be nice to be able to
> > > discard such posts. Is that possible?
> >
> > I don't think Mailman provides this feature.
> >
> > Anyway, apparently either this stopped, either the FSF system
> > administrators took care of the issue :)
>
> Yes it seems those are gone. Great work.
> Who administrates this and where are changes in setup sent to?
> I would like to subscribe to these kind of infrastructure setup change
> message because I am maintaining a couple of projects and mailinglists
> and it is good to know when something changes (and why of course).

I don't think there is such a list. Afaik, the FSF sysadmins do not
have much time and rely on the fact they work in the same physical
place, reducing the need for written communication.

You can ask address@hidden though, I never did :)

--
Sylvain