Re: [Savannah-help-public] Fwd: question on GPL

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Fwd: question on GPL
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:02:40 +0100

Hi,

We do not, at Savannah, know if a package should be GNU or not.

When a packages wants to be GNU, we first review it for non-GNU
hosting, then we point the user to
http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html .

Then the GNU Evaluation team, and eventually RMS, decide if and how
the package can be GNU.

As far as I'm concerned, I am the maintainer of a GNU package which is
based on non-GNU software from various sources, so I guess it's ok to
include p2c in the Modula-2 package.

Gaius, you need to ask confirmation to the GNU Eval team anyway, and
talk with them in order to get your Modula-2 frontend reviewed for GNU
approval. I add them in Cc :)

--
Sylvain