[Savannah-help-public] [sr #105333] I'd need to change the license for T

From: Eric van der Vlist
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #105333] I'd need to change the license for TreeBind to LGPL
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 19:05:03 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

After much discussiond and thoughts, I'd like to change the license of the
TreeBind project to the LGPL.

I think this project is right in the scope of what is described in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-not-lgpl.html: a library which needs to
compete with other similar libraries with more liberal licenses (including
JAX-B implementations which are conform to this JSR).

Of course, I do believe that TreeBind has some unique features, but I have
received several complaints that the current GPL license has been blocking
for inclusion in projects and I'd like to reduce this obstacle to get as much
traction as possible.

Thanks,

Eric

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=105333>