[Savannah-help-public] Re: [sr #105358] cleaning out bug-dap and dap-use

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: [sr #105358] cleaning out bug-dap and dap-users archives
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 15:53:05 -0500

    https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ListServer
    "List Deletion" :)

Thanks.  I only wanted to delete the archives, not the whole list, but
that told me about the mharc setup, which is what I didn't know.

Of course, then I made a mistake and ended up blowing away the entire
lists (bug-dap and dap-users).  Fortunately, I don't think it really
matters; they weren't in use and no real people were subscribed, it
seems.  Anyway, I recreated them with my_create_list and wrote Susan
about it.

    You can post something about "arch --wipe" there?

When I click edit, it wants a username/password, and I don't know what
to put in.  I tried some of my usual choices, but they didn't work.

    I don't know that command

It's the (very poorly named) command to manipulate mailman archives in
~mailman/bin.  arch --wipe deletes the archives, then regenerates them.

So I think arch --wipe bug-dap /dev/null would have done the job.  If
there's a next time ...

thanks,