[Savannah-help-public] [sr #105697] Email addresses are unavailable for

From: Bartek D
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #105697] Email addresses are unavailable for people not logged in
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:10:35 +0000

In that case, the following information in My Account Conf:

`` [ ] Hide email address from your account information
When checked, the only way for users to get in touch with you would be to use
the form available to logged-in users. It is generally a bad idea to choose
this option, especially if you are a project administrator. ''

is a bit misleading, because even if it's unchecked, the user will have to
log in (although she/he would see the email then and will not have to use the
form, so the information is true formally ;-).

I wasn't opting for any solution like that you mentioned, I was just confused
with the information cited above.

By the way, I've seen some people put their email addresses in small .png
files. This could be another solution, although I don't know if these files
are resistant to spammers bots.

Thanks for the answer.