[Savannah-help-public] Rules for download area usage

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Rules for download area usage
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:15:06 +0100

Dear Savannah Admin,

I wonder if there is some rules about the download
area of each project may be used.

I am co-admin of
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/tsp/

TSP is now working on different platforms,
(linuces, unices and Win32 derivative, java)
with a growing number of users.

In the past we did only provide source tarball.
We recently added Win32 installer, Java (binary) installer.
It's really easier for a growing part of our user to have
such "ready-to-use" packaging and not some
source-to-be-compiled.

We may add  popular linux binaries (differents rpm flavors, deb, ...)
for just the same reason.

Before going on along these lines
I wonder what are the Savannah Download Area usage rules?

I mean putting in several different binaries for 1 release may well
eat the disk space sooner than expected, something like
25 MB per release instead of 4 MB for source only release.

So the question is:
Do we need to look for another binary hosting solution
or may we put some binaries in download area?

--
Erk