[Savannah-help-public] [sr #105807] URLs on the website appear truncated

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #105807] URLs on the website appear truncated to 35 characters
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 23:09:14 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hi,

URLs in project descriptions, support requests etc. appear
truncated to 35 characters, with "..." appended. For example,
look at
https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gettext/
The two URLs are truncated.

This hampers copy&paste and is therefore not user-friendly.
When I need to copy a paragraph, I thus need to retype half
of every URL. This is tedious and pointless.

Some mailers insert linebreaks in URLs longer than 80
characters. This is already bad enough but easy to fix
after copy&paste. But forcing people to retype large
portions of the URLs is even worse.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?105807>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/