[Savannah-help-public] bugsdb <-> mailing list connection

From: Karl Berry
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 16:32:38 -0500

Hi Sylvain and all,

I've been trying to help Anton Ertl (GNU gforth/vmgen maintainer)
reconfigure things so that a bug report in the savannah web interface
goes to the relevant mailing list.  It mostly works, but there is one
issue Anton asked me about, included below.  I am not sure if there's
anything in Savane which can help here (I don't know of anything), so I
thought I'd ask.

Thanks,
Karl

Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 22:32:25 +0200 (CEST)
From: "Anton Ertl" <address@hidden>

[...]

However, there is one remaining issue with both bug databases:

When I change something or write a comment through the web interface,
then the From: address of the mail is

From: Anton Ertl <address@hidden>

even though the system knows my email address and displays it in the
profile, so probably no direct communication through email to someone
submitting a bug report is possible.  I like the way it is handled by
the gcc bugzilla, which has a

so email replies show up in the bug database and get distributed to
everyone interested in the bug.  Is something like this possible in
Savannah?

Thanks in advance,

- anton