[Savannah-help-public] [sr #105819] please move the gettext web pages cv

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #105819] please move the gettext web pages cvs and libiconv web pages cvs to the usual locations
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 02:25:03 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

For years, I have not updated the web pages showing up at
  http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/
  http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/
because I did not know how to do it. I lost the write access
to these directories sometime between 4 and 3 years ago, and
since the web template points to empty directories
  cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/web/gettext gettext
  cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/web/libiconv libiconv
  http://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/gettext/?root=gettext
  http://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/libiconv/?root=libiconv
I was clueless.

According to your answer in sr #103072
  https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103072
there is a "new" and an "old" setup, and the template used
in the savannah web pages assumes the "new" setup.

Could you please switch the gettext and the libiconv
project web pages from the "old" to the "new" setup?
I.e.
  rmdir $CVSREPO/web/libiconv/gettext
  mv $CVSREPO/web/www/www/software/gettext $CVSREPO/web/libiconv/gettext
  rmdir $CVSREPO/web/libiconv/libiconv
  mv $CVSREPO/web/www/www/software/libiconv $CVSREPO/web/libiconv/libiconv
then update the permissions if necessary, and organize for
cvs commits in this area to trigger an update on www.gnu.org.

While at it, you can also remove the directories
  $CVSREPO/web/www/www/libiconv
  $CVSREPO/web/www/www/libsigsegv
that appear to have been always dead.

Thank you! gnulib has the "new" setup, and with this setup
it is a breeze for a project admin to update the web pages.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?105819>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/