Re: [Savannah-help-public] Radius SVN repository

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Radius SVN repository
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 00:56:32 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 04:14:58PM +0300, Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:
> [My apologies for not being able to respond earlier.]
>
> Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> ha escrit:
>
> > > gateway.  Only one more question: what data store type is being used?
> >
> > We use FSFS, which is svn's default now. Apparently there's bad
> > feedback with DBD which may need to be repaired from time to time.
>
> In that case, could you please convert Radius repo to SVN?
>
> > I wasn't about to work on it right now but maybe I can change. What
> > are your plans and how far did you go?
>
> Well, I have almost finished commit email notifications (the stuff is
> on testing stage now).  I guess I'll be able to show the results by
> this weekend.  As for the plans, I am thinking about cvs-to-svn
> gateway, it looks like a useful feature.  What do you think?

Sorry for the lag, I've been busy finishing a Savane clean-up
(register_globals, magic_quotes, mysql sanitizing, PHP warnings...)
branch I started some months ago.
(http://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/trunk/?root=administration)

What did you cover wrt email notifications? Is this a backend
improvement, or is there also a frontend to manage them? I started
doing something to manage CVS hooks.

About the gateway: at Savannah, Jim Meyering is working on installing
one for Git (git-cvspserver). I don't know exactly what this means for
SVN.  We plan to install it on a different IP, because we don't plan
to drop CVS in favor of git site-wide ;) I don't think this really
concerns Savane though. Maybe you mean a CVS->SVN auto converter,
which would be nice, given a generic job queue management.

--
Sylvain