Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: firewalls blocking CVS

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: firewalls blocking CVS
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:42:12 +0530

Hi,

On 7/18/07, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
You may be right, but we still need to know what the sysadmins say
when they are _asked_ to allow these connections.

Dhruva, would you please ask them?

Sure, I will do that. I have started asking them and the response I
get is (in India) "Policies set by the parent company/HQ and has been
handed down to us". I have not yet got a straight to the point answer
yet! The other common answer is, "The firewall is not in our
administration, the proxy/firewall is located in a different location
(HQ)". Looks like Stefan's response seems to be the reason.
I will now have to start involving sysadmins sitting in different
geographical locations and this would take time.

best regards,
dhruva

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!