[Savannah-help-public] rcirc.el prevents cvs update for Emacs

From: Davis Herring
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] rcirc.el prevents cvs update for Emacs
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 15:48:51 -0700 (PDT)

I can't say I have any idea why (the file in question contains no
non-ASCII characters, for instance), but the file lisp/net/rcirc.el in
Emacs CVS HEAD seems to hang my cvs update attempts.  At some point there
may have been an update to it that hung -- I'm not sure.  But I removed
the file locally and then, after noting that the file was lost, cvs hung.
Then I retrieved a copy from the HTTP CVS browser and replaced it, but
then (with cvs -t) I see that it hangs trying to send the file to the
server to check against the repository copy (since the modtime is wrong, I

A fresh checkout seemed to fail on or just after lisp/erc/erc-autoaway.el.
 Is this some known issue with the file or with buggy cvs versions?

Davis Herring