[Savannah-help-public] [sr #106310] CVS clients for Windows

From: Oleg Pismenov
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #106310] CVS clients for Windows
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:59:39 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Just don't get it.

I've tried two different CVS clients for Windows to connect to the repository
and both failed though I did fill in all the necessary fields with the data
given on this site.

The first - TortoiseCVS-1.10.4 - was constantly giving messages like

cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `Unable to open connection:'
from cvs server
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

An ssh-key I generated with Puttygen, registered it and then added it to
Pageant.

The second - SmartCVS 6 - was doing all right until the very moment of
connection to the repository - it simply canceled at the middle of the process
without any notice or any further action.

I used the same ssh-key.

I've tried links:

cvs -z3 -d address@hidden:/web/fsfe co

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/web/fsfe co

cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/web/fsfe co fsfe

and other.

Both applications are as user friendly as they might be.

What am I doing wrong?

Please reply.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106310>

  Message sent via/by Savannah