Re: [Savannah-help-public] Bzr repositories on savannah?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Bzr repositories on savannah?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:38:11 +0100

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 09:58:16AM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> We intend to move Emacs's main repository from CVS to Bzr (tho not
> immediately, but in the mean time we have a read-only mirror that allows
> us to try things out and see how/if things work).  I heard that there's
> some preliminary support for Bzr on savannah, what does it look like?
>
> Since Bzr supports the "sftp" access method, we can of course in the
> worst case temporarily (ab)use some space on arch.sv.gnu.org, but I'd
> much rather use something a bit cleaner if possible.

It looks like this (test repository):
- read-only access (hpss):
  bzr branch bzr://cvs.sv.gnu.org/administration/repo1
- write access (ssh):
  bzr push bzr+ssh://address@hidden/administration/repo1
- slow "dump-protocol" access (http):
  bzr branch http://cvs.sv.gnu.org/b/administration/repo1

There's no direct shell access.

We can instanciate a repository for Emacs.

This hasn't been extensively tested, consider this beta service :)

--
Sylvan