Re: [Savannah-help-public] Unable to access binutils project on Savannah

From: Steven Robson
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Unable to access binutils project on Savannah
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 18:45:45 +0100

On Tuesday 01 April 2008 10:46, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
>   I have been trying to access the CVS repository for the binutils web
>   pages on savannah, but my SSH keys are not being recognised.  I
>   tried uploading my normal id_dsa.pub key first and when that did not
>   work I created a brand new key (called id_savannah) and gave that a
>   go.  I did wait for more than an hour before trying the keys
>   (actually I waited overnight), and I am using an ssh-agent to hold
>   the keys.
>
>   I looked at the keys in the My Account Configuration web page and
>   they looked OK - no breaks that I could see.  I used Firefox to
>   upload them (version 2.0.0.12).
>
>   Attached are the outputs from running cvs and shh as suggested in
>   the Troubleshootings section of the SshAccess web page.  Any clues
>   as to what I am doing wrong ?
>
> Cheers
>   Nick Clifton

Hi Nick,

I've had a look at your account entry, and it looks like the ssh keys set in
there are corrupt in some way. I think the best next step is for you to
remove them completely and then add them back again. Please allow the hour
for cron to catch up, before trying ssh again.

Please let us know how you get on, and if you need further help with this, let
us know.

Cheers,

Steven