[Savannah-help-public] Re: [gnu.org #359181] Problems with ePiX mailing

From: Andrew D. Hwang
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:41:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, Joshua Ginsberg via RT wrote:

My first thought in looking at it is to question your spam filters. Try
emptying them or setting them to "Hold" ... and let me know if that fixes the issue.

Hi jag,

Despite my mis-use of regexps in configuring the spam filters on the mailing lists epix-users and epix-devel, that seems not to be the entire problem. I set the action to Hold and posted to epix-users about four hours ago, but still no message has appeared (neither delivered, nor in the web interface under Pending Moderator Requests).

Unfortunately, aside from non-delivery of posts there aren't any symptoms or diagnostic responses from the lists. In case it's helpful, the same behavior occurred in both lists late last December. At the time, the suggestion was possible hardware flakiness, and the lists worked for a period of at least two weeks after they were re-started in late December.

Thank you for your help with this.

Andrew D. Hwang                 address@hidden
Department of Math and CS       http://mathcs.holycross.edu/~ahwang
College of the Holy Cross       (508) 793-2458 (Office: 320 Swords)
Worcester, MA, 01610-2395       (508) 793-3530 (fax)