[Savannah-help-public] [sr #106349] Passwordless SSH for CVS

From: Damian Eads
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #106349] Passwordless SSH for CVS
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 03:00:24 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Hi there,

I am trying to use my CVS repository without entering my password each time.
I have followed the instructions in the document,
and entered the generated key into the form here,

I waited several days and I can now check out my module from my repository.

cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/sources/chestnut co chestnut

However, Savannah still prompts me for a password, which is annoying. When my
key generated in my ~/.ssh/ is submitted through the Savannah web
interface, it gets copied to the appropriate file in my ~/.ssh directory,
right? If not, how can I get passwordless SSH to work?

Thank you.