Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: [gnu.org #409520] Translation in russian

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: [gnu.org #409520] Translation in russian
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 23:08:52 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 02:04:10PM -0500, Yavor Doganov via RT wrote:
> [ CCing sv-hackers -- the question is about translating Savannah. ]
>
> Koptev Oleg via RT wrote:
> > Sorry, but their maillist seems to be dead, judging by archive.<br>
>
> If you have questions, please write to that list.  It is mostly for
> announcements of string freezes, IIRC.  A few months with little or no
> traffic does not mean that it's not functional.
>
> See also
> https://gna.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&comingfrom=116&item_id=123,
> linked from the project page.
>
> > And second - are the *gna.org *and *gnu.org* the same?
>
> No, savannah.gnu.org and gna.org are two separate hosting platforms
> based on the same software.  GNU Savannah uses the Savane codebase, so
> if you update the Savane translation, it will appear on
> savannah.gnu.org as well when the Savannah Hackers sync it.  I believe
> there are also extra strings in Savane-cleanup (our modified version);
> the project page is
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/savane-cleanup/.  You can merge
> the updated ru.po, translate the additional strings, and fix fuzzied
> ones, if any.
>
> As for submitting the updated translation, I don't really know.
> Sylvain, could you please tell the procedure?  Thanks.
>
> (This address (address@hidden) is only for translations of
> gnu.org essays and other articles, not for software.)

Here's what you need to translate Savannah in Russian:

- complete the attached translation

- mention that you are doing so at address@hidden as Yavor
  suggested (maybe the previous translator will get motivated too?)

When you have a new version of the translation, please send it to me
and address@hidden I'll update both Savannah and the
original Savane code base :)

--
Sylvain