[Savannah-help-public] [sr #106651] Savannah should use CAcert.org-signe

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #106651] Savannah should use CAcert.org-signed SSL certificates
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 01:56:53 +0000

Sylvain, I'm afraid I now don't understand why you argue so vehemently that
CAcert is better than anything else.  I thought the whole point was that
CAcert's code was free.  But if savannah used CAcert when it was nonfree, then
I don't get it.

I am not surprised rms did not care.  He has never argued that all code on
all web sites should be free, or refused to deal with certain web sites (or
certain browsers) just because they aren't free.  By the same token, he
obviously doesn't care if equifax is used; that's who signed the cert for
www.fsf.org.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106651>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/