[Savannah-help-public] Savannah for VCS

From: Philipp Schmieder
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Savannah for VCS
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 22:51:28 +0100

Dear Savannah Hackers,

I'm the developer of the GPL v3 software ClipGrab which allows users to
download videos from online services such as Youtube and convert them to other
formats (like OGG Theora and OGG Vorbis but also other formats supported by
ffmpeg are supported).
Now I'd like to have a VCS for my program in order to improve the development
workflow when I'm working on ClipGrab from different machines.

So here are my questions:
1) Is such a program (which accesses non-free online services and downloads
files from there) compatible with the FSF's and Savannah's guidelines
concerning free software?
2) Is it alright to only use Savanah for VCS but not to host the website
there?

Best and kind regards
Philipp Schmieder

P. S.
If you want to find out more about ClipGrab, you can look at
http://clipgrab.de/start_en.html]