[Savannah-help-public] [sr #107229] unable to boot into ubuntu 9.10(help

From: S Chacko
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #107229] unable to boot into ubuntu 9.10(help with grub)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 19:41:43 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I recently loaded ubuntu9.10 with wubi. Ubuntu is installed in my D drive. My
hard has three partitions, C:, D: and E:. WindowsXP is in the C:
While booting the system by default boots into windows incase the option
toboot into ubuntu is not chosen.
I had also installed ubuntu tweak 0.5.0 and with it I had uninstalled kernel
2.3.14 (to the best of my memory)as I also have kernel 2.3.17.
The first reboot after that my system does not boot into ubuntu
I get the following error msg
[Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists
possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device/file
completions.]
sh:grub>
My grub version is 1.97~beta4
Do i have to reinstall ubuntu all over again?
Is there any other way out of the situation?
Please help..
Thanks

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107229>

  Message sent via/by Savannah