[Savannah-help-public] Problem with ssh access to git

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Problem with ssh access to git
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 00:44:44 -0000

Hi

I have been able to use ssh to pull and push to lilypond.git at 199.232.41.69 for many months, but sometime between 8 Feb 2010 and 16 Feb 2010 this stopped working with the attempt timing out. I've tried to resolve this by moving to 140.186.70.72, but I still cannot push or pull with ssh. Here's what happens:

$ ssh -v sv
gives
debug1: Offering public key: /home/trevor/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-dss blen 433
debug1: Authentication succeeded (publickey).
so my key must be acceptable to savannah.

Also
$ git pull git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git master
pulls correctly, so access to lilypond.git looks fine.

But
$ git pull ssh://sv/srv/git/lilypond.git master
hangs, and
$ git pull ssh://sv/lilypond.git master
returns
fatal: '/lilypond.git' does not appear to be a git repository

My ssh config file contains

IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_dsa
Host sv
Hostname git.sv.gnu.org
User trevord

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?

Trevor