[Savannah-help-public] [sr #107364] Flash player does not work with 64bi

From: Kostas Oikonomou
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #107364] Flash player does not work with 64bit system
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 07:12:53 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

When I try to see a video on youtube I take the message: "an error occured.
Please try later". I am using the 64bit version of Ubuntu 10.04 and browse the
Internet with Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3.
When I turn my computer to Microsoft Windows Vista all videos work perfectly.
When turning back to Linux Ubuntu the problem appears again. The problem
wasn't when I was using the 32bit version of Ubuntu. The installation of the
64bit version was made with full erasion of the Ubuntu 32bit version (clear
So I believe that there must be a problem with the 64bit architecture of the
Is it true? Is there any solution?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Kostas Oikonomou