[Savannah-help-public] Re: Savannah git hooks (Cia)

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Savannah git hooks (Cia)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 23:43:16 +0200

Hi,

> 1) I meant which git hook does the ciabot call? post-receive I guess, but I
> don't know if there are any alternatives.

'update':

address@hidden:/srv/git# cat denemo.git/hooks/update.d/ciabot
#!/bin/bash
refname=$1
oldhead=$2
newhead=$3
exec /usr/src/git/contrib/ciabot/ciabot.py ${refname} $(git rev-list
${oldhead}..${newhead} | tac)

The documentation in ciabot.py suggests doing it that way.

> 2) It seems, that the script works on per received push basis, not
> commit. That means if we push several commits at once CIA just takes
> this as on message. (And then shows the last one before that pack :)
> ). Any chance to let cia show every single commit, not only one per
> push?

Well as far as I'm concerned multiple commits per push do work in
savane.git.  Then again, that particular repository also don't have
the "one-commit-late" issue.

--
Sylvain