[Savannah-help-public] Re: irc.otfc.net

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: irc.otfc.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 21:02:58 +0100

>    > Could you help me remove three tags from the inetutils repo?
>    >
>    > v1_2i
>    > release1_4_0
>    > release_1_5
>
>    Here's how :)
>    http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/git/2008/7/2/2324834
>
> Sorry, I was unclear.  This doesn't work, there are hooks that refuse
> any kind of touching of the tags on Savannah and I do not know how to
> go around that.

Indeed you have a hook that I didn't install.  I think this is Jim's
work, but I'm not sure in what way it's needed by the inetutils
project.

I disabled the tag-deletion, there's a configuration variable in the
hook for that.  I then could remove the tag using:
$ git push origin :refs/tags/v1_2i

Let me know if you want to put the anti-deletion back.

--
Sylvain