[Savannah-help-public] [sr #107470] Commit missing from diff mailing lis

From: Karl Berry
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 22:29:55 +0000

Hi Glenn --

Indeed, there has been a longstanding problem with "too large" of messages
being rejected by the smtp server.  I thought the sysadmins had put an
exception in place long ago so that mail from savannah can be any size, but
apparently not.  I'll write to them now and cc you.

I just checked, and the mailman setup of the emacs-diffs list imposes no
limit, so that's not the issue.  (The bounce would look different, too, as you
know.)

Indeed, that happened in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-diffs/2010-07/msg00193.html is that
the diff generator running on savannah decided the diff was too large to send.
 I don't know where or how to control that, but presumably we (Sylvain) can if
we want to go that way.  So your hypothesis is basically correct :(.

Best,
karl

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107470>

  Message sent via/by Savannah