[savannah-help-public] Web interface doesn't work at 4am

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [savannah-help-public] Web interface doesn't work at 4am
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 07:47:50 -0400

The web interface to Savannah is failing now (4am Boston time) due to
timeouts.  I'm told this happens every day at this time.  I guess
Savannah is doing some sort of lengthy cron job that hogs the machine
so much the web interface times out.

Access using cvs is also slow, but it does work.

I suppose this is the best time to do the cron job.
Is there a way to make it hog the machine less?

Limit what fraction of the memory it can have?
Stop it for 10 seconds after 20 seconds of running?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation