[savannah-help-public] [sr #108931] Package Symbolic in Gnu Octave does

From: Lorenz Schlösser
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108931] Package Symbolic in Gnu Octave does not work (Octave for mobile)
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 12:22:47 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hello,

recently I installed Gnu Octave in my Android smartphone. I can run Octave,it
works as expected. But by using operations which need the symbolic package
(for example ">syms s") I get following error message: "error:'syms' undefined
near line 1".

I have tried different actions (installing phyton, sympy, checking installed
packages, etc) without success. The package symbolic is installed and the OS
shows it as working.

By now, after several attempts, i have not a clue about what to do for solving
the problem!

For better understanding the error messages generated and which version the OS
and Gnu Octave have, as other system information, please take a look at the
attached files.

For any kind of help I would be very thankful.

File Attachments:

Date: Do 03 Dez 2015 12:22:46 GMT  Name: Sidesync_capture_20151203115441_1.jpg
 Size: 134kB   By: leogranlabia
Package Symbolic in Gnu Octave does not work (Octave for mobile)
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/download.php?file_id=35628>
Date: Do 03 Dez 2015 12:22:46 GMT  Name: Sidesync_capture_20151203115522_1.jpg
 Size: 160kB   By: leogranlabia
Package Symbolic in Gnu Octave does not work (Octave for mobile)
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/download.php?file_id=35629>
Date: Do 03 Dez 2015 12:22:46 GMT  Name: Sidesync_capture_20151203120750_1.jpg
 Size: 68kB   By: leogranlabia
Package Symbolic in Gnu Octave does not work (Octave for mobile)
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/download.php?file_id=35630>

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108931>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/