Re: [savannah-help-public] GitBucket and Savannah

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] GitBucket and Savannah
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 00:09:34 GMT

    Does it make sense to run GitBucket on Savannah?

Technical pros and cons could be debated, but there are two overriding
factors that make it infeasible as far as I can see:

1) there are no volunteer hours available to install and maintain any
significant chunk of new software on savannah.  (Current volunteers
cannot keep up even with normal requests.)

2) current savannah hardware is already (beyond) maxed out in terms of
cpu/disk, so installing a big new package, even if there were people to
do it, to further contend for existing resources does not make sense.
(FSF sysadmins are aware of this.  I don't know current status or ETA.)